This service is advice for up to 42 minutes as necessary via video call or telephone. We are able to accept and make Google or Skype video calls though we do not guarantee the availability or performance of these services. You request the use of either Google or Skype and we will text you with instructions to video call us.
Key documents of 25 pages of A4 or less delivered by email will be considered; those you think are the most relevant! In this way you will get maximum benefit from your contact with us. Ensure that you have all relevant documents in front of you during the call as we may wish to know the content of other documents you have. You should SUMMARISE your matter as best you can in the online form we provide.
Following the advice call/s we will clearly summarise the outcome in a plain English email.
All the documents you send us must be legible and in PDF format. Your local copy shop should be able to digitise your bundle of documents but you should be aware of confidentiality issues and take steps to prevent them retaining a digital or hard copy. The risk is yours to manage.
Your call will be scheduled to allow time for us to consider any documents you provide. These must be received at least 10 working hours prior to a scheduled call and any scheduled call will with your input be rescheduled accordingly. By ‘working hours’ we mean 9 am to 5 pm.
When you should not use this service
Do not use this service if you think any of the following apply:
- Your matter is subject to a deadline expiring within 21 days
- Any event you rely on occurred more than 2 months ago
- Your matter involves employment law
- You wish to defend or claim any injunction or other court order
- You wish to appeal a decision, judgement or sentence
- You wish to seek a judicial review of any decision
- You are involved in a claim and you wish to amend any part of your case
- You wish to change solicitor or are dissatisfied with your solicitor or other lawyer
- Your matter involves a hearing within the next 40 days or 80 days if the hearing is listed for more than 1 week.
- You are not sure whether your matter is urgent
- You are being pressed to do something or to give your consent and you are unsure of your legal position
Instead please refer to our telephone triage advice service.
Next steps following the call depend on your legal issue, your needs and our professional rules. We are able to meet you where that is necessary. However, this is an unusual expense during the assessment stage.
What you will receive
You will receive a download of a PDF document with:
- clear instructions
- a link to a very short and simple online questionnaire
- a link to a form in which you can summarise your matter for us
- regulatory information including notice of your right to cancel under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
- a copy of our Terms of Business.
This document is also available for download in your ‘Account’ page. You will be required to register for an account prior to purchase and this will give you access to your downloads. The registration process asks for name, address, telephone and email details.
Payment method and your obligation to pay
Online payment or direct bank transfer are the preferred methods of payment for this service. Your obligation to pay arises when we receive notification of cleared payment in full or in part. The fee for the described service is fixed.
Waiving your 14 day right to cancel
Only ‘consumers’ can have the right to cancel under these regulations. A consumer is ‘an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside that individual’s trade, business, craft or profession’.
We are not obliged to provide the service during your ’14 day’ statutory right to cancel unless you specifically request us to do so in writing; we provide more information on this below. Should you wish to receive advice in less than 14 days you will need to make a request in writing using the questionnaire we provide. If you do so and you receive advice from us it is likely that at that point you will have lost your right to any refund upon cancellation of the contract.
This service is aimed at customers who use I.T. and have an email address, an internet connection and/or a smartphone. If this is not for you please telephone 020 3375 3971 at your convenience.
We will not accept documents by courier, post, fax or by hand as part of this service; email only please. These methods cause us to incur additional staff time and other costs.
If you are in receipt of means tested social security benefits or if you are on a low income you may be entitled to free or reduced fee help with our Access-to-Justice service. Please telephone if you think you may qualify.
Our Terms of Business and in particular those under the heading “Agreed Fixed Fees” supplement the above. You will have the opportunity of reading these prior to purchase.